Who the fucking fuck looks at this and feels anything than horror and fear and sadness (and guilt)??! Who the fuck thinks ‘get over it’???? How can anyone get over an image like this? Why would you want to? We must face this shit, every day, it must never be gotten over.
yet we are the savages right
Seriously?? Nigga please. Been over 400 years, let this bullshit go.
Here it is. 400 years later and we are still being called “Nigga” and told that we should “Let this bullshit go.” Here it is 400 years later and a blatantly racist person has decided to take this picture, a picture with this much pain, this much hate and this much hurt behind it and not ONLY attach a sick, hate fueled racist word to it but also say “Let this bullshit go.” Here we are 400 years later, except…it HASN’T been 400 years and if you’d spent as much time educating yourself as you did under your Klan hood, you would be aware of this information.
Wow, this picture was taken 400 years ago? AMAZING.
This is a photograph from a book called ‘Without Sanctuary: Lynching Photography ins America” (pub. 2004). The photo is called ‘The lynching of Frank Embree, July 22, 1899, Fayette, MO”
By all reckoning, that makes this barely 113 years old.
There are two other matching photos to the set. The one below, and the one of him hanging, which is too upsetting to post. You can see it (along with others from much later time periods here: http://chnm.gmu.edu/courses/omalley/race/four.html)
Not only is OP racist, they’re also ignorant, uneducated, and plain stupid.
These pictures have me ready to burst into tears. My stomach hurts.
What does it say about a person that they’re willing to let systematic and publicly condoned torture go? There are lots of things that happened in history that are atrocious, and ignoring them means that people suffered in vain. To be disconnected from human suffering, and tell people who are do in fact connect to inhuman cruelty to “get over it” is the worst sort of sociopathy.
(Source: blackmanonthemoon, via racismschool)
- jablannoor likes this
- nfamouz reblogged this from mamatheregoesthatguy
- racismschoolstorage reblogged this from racismschool
- racismschoolstorage likes this
- goldandnoble likes this
- uncleflex likes this
- fuglygoddess reblogged this from afrodeiiity
- ikaarus likes this
- suenosdesirena likes this
- androphilia likes this
- queriesofaqueer reblogged this from queerdesi
- queerdesi reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- paraphiliatric reblogged this from wh0rebl00d
- nubianbrothaz likes this
- fuccutoo reblogged this from florita-do-brasil
- 313313 likes this
- mc-reg likes this
- ispeakswaagbiitch reblogged this from goldyegesus
- goldyegesus reblogged this from brobroknows
- williamalexanderprescott reblogged this from ohwhatarecluse
- naturallychic reblogged this from jedihersh
jasmineisaflower reblogged this from afrodeiiity and added:
Ugh… such a dark time in our history which scars are still visible to this day
- elsewh3re likes this
- blacksharks reblogged this from allblck
- joycetansele reblogged this from lowkeyforever
- sendintheclownswithoutadash reblogged this from poetprose25
- iammyss likes this
- 9teenagenarc3 likes this
- nopeaceknowpeace likes this
- oldsoulyoungmind likes this
- mindawayman likes this
mamojosodope reblogged this from wontbetelevised and added:
Why do white people feel as though their faults should be forgotten?
- wontbetelevised reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- xlipstick-lover reblogged this from goldyegesus
- the-watcher-on-the-walls reblogged this from assataleone
- glovesinthesummertime likes this
- saltthought likes this
- elevatedtransparencies reblogged this from whatyoudidntexpect
- samtwice reblogged this from afrodeiiity
- wizardkhalifard likes this
- xxxurmamaxxx reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- xoxovintagelovexoxo reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon
- musicistherapyofthesoul likes this
- iamamonocle likes this
- notsonise likes this
- simbamane reblogged this from wontbetelevised
- killtheprizefighter likes this
- irresponsibleambition likes this
- xyia-papaya reblogged this from blackmanonthemoon